“James Addiction” Fantasy’s Top 10 Kickers 2018
I know everyone’s been on the edge of their seats waiting, and it’s finally here: MajorLeagueFantasySports Kicker Rankings! I kid, but kickers do play an important role in most leagues. They can mean the difference between a close call and an outright loss. Good kickers have job security, if not with their own team, then with the NFL and a team looking to make the position more reliable. Here are my best bets for the most reliable kickers for 2018.
10) Ryan Succop – Tennessee Titans (83.3% FG, 93.9% XP) -Succop tied for first in FG’s Attempted and fifth in FG’s Made. A new coaching staff is in town and a better performance in the red zone could reduce Succop’s FG Attempts, but if this occurs XP’s will be on the rise to offset some of the difference.
9) Will Lutz – New Orleans Saints (86.1% FG, 94.0% XP) – Lutz lead the NFL in XP’s Made in 2017, but was eleventh in FG’s Attempted. The early absence of Mark Ingram may lead to extra FG Attempts in the first four games.
8) Matt Bryant – Atlanta Falcons (87.2% FG, 100% XP) – Bryant, one of three active kickers in their forties, lead the NFL with eight 50 yard FG’s Made, and even more impressive is he only missed on one 50 yard FG Attempt. Bryant was also one of only six kickers with at least 20 XP Attempts to not miss in 2017.
7) Graham Gano – Carolina Panthers (96.7% FG, 91.9% XP) Gano missed only one FG in thirty attempts, his only attempt greater than 50 yards. He does not have a big leg, and is not put in position to fail by the Panthers, but if under 50 yards he is one of the best in the business.
6) Chris Boswell – Pittsburgh Steelers (92.1% FG, 94.9% XP) – Boswell and the Steelers are negotiating a contract extension beyond the 2018 season. Fifth in FG’s Made and seventh in XP’s made, Boswell is one of the great young kickers in the league.
5) Robbie Gould – San Francisco 49’ers (95.1% FG, 93.3% XP) – Gould lead the NFL with 39 FG’s Made in 2017, but was nineteenth in XP’s made with only twenty-eight. The 49’ers get back Pierre Garcon at wide receiver this year and George Kittle should be much improved in his second year. The 49’ers should give Gould more XP Attempts in 2018, but we’ll have to hope this is not at the expense of his FG Attempts.
4) Harrison Butker – Kansas City Chiefs (90.5% FG, 100% XP) – First year kicker, Harrison Butker, exceeded all expectations. He connected on 38 of 42 FG Attempts, including 4 of 5 from 50 yards, and connected on all 28 XP Attempts tying Robbie Gould for nineteenth. The Chiefs have added playmakers to their offense in receiver Sammy Watkins and new quarterback Patrick Mahomes, so scoring does have the potential to increase.
3) Greg Zuerlein – Los Angeles Rams (95.0% FG, 95.7% XP) Zurlein, very unexpectedly, lead all Fantasy Football kickers in scoring last season with thirty-eight FG’s and forty-four XP’s. This season he is one of the first three kickers off the board. I’m not sure if the Rams can score at the same rate as they did in 2017, but they have the weapons to come close.
2) Stephen Gostkowski – New England Patriots (92.5% FG, 95.7%) Zuerlein may have finished first in kicker scoring, but Stephen Gostkowski wasn’t far behind with only one less FG and one more XP. The Patriots offense hasn’t shown any signs of slowing down yet, so once again Gostkowski will be fighting for the lead in kicker points.
1) Justin Tucker – Baltimore Ravens (91.9% FG, 100% XP) Tucker had a slightly down year in 2017, but only when you rate him against himself. This was more a product of the Ravens lack of a passing game than anything else. So this off-season the Ravens signed three receivers in free agency: Michael Crabtree (from the Raiders), John Brown (from Arizona) and Willie Snead (from New Orleans). An improved passing attack should allow Tucker more attempts this season in both FG’s and XP’s.
Honorable Mentions – Cairo Santos, Dan Bailey, Matt Prater and Steven Hauschka
Next week I’ll be taking a look at ADP gems in the Tight End position and our writing staff will be covering gems as well for Quarterback, Running Back and Receiver. Good luck drafting and winning this Fantasy Season!
Major League Fantasy Football Radio Show: Join host Corey D Roberts live August 9th, 2018 from 8-9:30pm EST for episode #88 of Major League Fantasy Football Radio. Call in number is 323-870-4395 press 1 to speak with the host. We will hit free agents, rookies, and fantasy football as a whole for each team for 2018. This week we will wrap up our divisional break downs with the NFC West!
My guest this week is Andy Macuga. He is the former Head Football and Baseball Coach for Borrego Springs H.S. out in the San Diego area. Andy is also a 6 year veteran of Major League Fantasy Sports leagues and a frequent radio guest.
Major League Fantasy Baseball Show Episode #132 8/12/2018 Host Brian Roach, Jr. Co-Host Cole Freel, Guest Kevin Bzdek
Major League Fantasy Baseball Show Episode #132, 8/9/2018 Host Brian Roach Jr, Co-Host Cole Freel, Guest Kevin Bzdek
📷 (via “On Bzdek” Bullpen Briefing: Dodgers Pen Look to Get Back In Rhythm + Updates from WSH, MIN,... tmblr.co/ZtzYOp2atm7Vv